Behind Closed Doors
- Download the Behind Closed Doors Toolkit here: Helping museums to unlock an amazing stores experience. This toolkit is full of ideas, tips and resources to help your museum improve access to its stored collections. We commissioned visitor experience experts Heritage Insider to produce this mini toolkit as part of our Behind Closed Doors project.
- Behind Closed Doors in the West Midlands: Discover the exciting work taking place in the West Midlands to engage visitors with stored collections and behind the scenes activities.
- View the Technicians’ Tales films here: In 2014 we went behind the scenes visiting museum stores across the West Midlands. We talked to some of the region’s skilled technicians who shared their amazing collections know-how. The result was a series of short films that explain how to care for different types of collection including art works, wheeled vehicles and classic cars. The films also provide guidance on preventive conservation, focussing in particular on display and storage conditions.
- Museums: punching above our weight: The results of our 2014 region wide survey of economic impact are available in this feature with a series of infograms available for you to download.
- Guide to events in 2015: Our new guide provides a calendar of events, festivals and celebrations that you can get involved in, either at the museum or online.
You can read more about the activities of the West Midlands Museum Development Officers in the following reports:
- Download the Marches Network West Midlands Museum Development Officers Annual Report 2012-13
- Download the West Midlands Museum Development Officers Annual Report 2010-11
- Download the West Midlands Museum Development Officers Annual Report 2009-10
- Download the Catalysts for Change: MDOs in the West Midlands report
- Download the Family Friendly Project Evaluation Report 2010
Skim the current report here: